It’s never been easier to find suppliers in today’s Internet age. However, this easy access has also opened up possibilities of sub-standard goods or quality issues which can lead to serious losses or damage a brand’s reputation.
Our Pre-Production Inspection Service can greatly reduce this risk for you, especially when it is agreed in advance with the supplier.
When is a Pre-Production Inspection Used?
The pre-production inspection is the second most commonly used inspection after the Pre-Shipment inspection.
A Pre-production inspection is carried out when the manufacturer has received all the raw materials and components for your product but has not put them on the production line yet. This is a great way to ensure that the supplier is using the components/raw materials that were agreed as changing components over orders due to different reasons (to cut costs, unavailability of components, etc.) is by far the single biggest QC issue that we see.
By the time these components have been assembled into a finished product, it can be too late or expensive to change them. Therefore, a pre-production inspection helps avoid that scenario.
Our Pre Production Inspection is provided both as an ad-hoc service as well as part of the 360° Sourcing Service, which takes care of the entire Sourcing process for you.
Our Pre-production Inspection is provided both as an ad-hoc service as well as part of the 360° Sourcing Service, which takes care of the entire Sourcing process for you.
The 360° Sourcing Process
*The services mentioned above are part of the 360° Sourcing Process, not of the Pre Production Inspection Service.
Why IMEX Sourcing Services?
- Safety: Our trained inspectors ensure international quality control procedures are followed and strict standards applied to all inspections
- Experience: Our experience of various industries as well as that of dealing with Chinese manufacturers adds further value to the process
- Service Area: We cover most major industrial cities of China
- Sample Collection: We can collect post production samples on your behalf during the inspection & courier them out to you (If Requested)
- Reporting: Get a detailed PDF report covering various aspects of the inspection, pictures & our recommendations, so that you can decide on your course of action for the shipment
- Speed: A PSI can be scheduled within 48 hours in most cases
- Quality Standards: We use internationally recognized AQL levels for all quality inspections. Clients can also set their own acceptable quality tolerance levels (As agreed with their suppliers).
- Reference Samples: We always encourage our clients to send a “reference sample” wherever possible, as it tells the inspector exactly what the product should look like and how it should function.